One of our Members will be happy to contact you within 24 hours. For urgent needs call us at: (866) 925-7297
Welcome to the Official - Paws For Friendship Inc. - Website
"Everyone must leave a legacy and Paws for Friendship Incorporated
is the legacy of Jennie, our beloved Founder."
Some angels don't have wings. They have four paws, hairy bodies, round noses, and unconditional love...........
HOW to help your pets during this COVID-19 time period
Dr. Gail Hansen, DVM, MPH of our affiliate the Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association, said, “At this time we do not have evidence that pets can get or spread COVID-19, although it is always good for people to practice careful handwashing after handling your pet and after picking up and disposing pet waste. When possible, have another member of your household care for your animals while you are sick, so you and your pet can get the best care.”
Here are some quick actions you can take to keep your pets safe and secure in the event of additional disruptions:
• Identify a family member or friend who can care for pets if someone in the
household becomes too ill.
• Have crates, food and extra supplies (including medications) on hand for
movement and relocation of pets.
• Maintain proper pet identification: a collar with an ID tag and a microchip with
current, up-to-date contact information.
• Keep all animal vaccines up to date and have copies of those records available in
the event that boarding becomes necessary.
• Ensure that all medications are documented with dosages and administering
directions. It’s a good idea to include the prescription from your veterinarian with
the medications and your pet’s to-go bag.
If you are in a position to do so, consider fostering a pet for your local shelter or rescue, or adopting. Many are anticipating staffing shortages and every animal they can place makes a huge difference.
(Information courtesy of the Humane Society of the United States)
As we start out this new year of 2020, as a non-profit, funding for PAWS will be even more critical if we hope to keep our program alive and growing. There is a way that everybody, member and non-member alike can help achieve this goal. We ask that you participate in the AmazonSmile program. ANYONE - ANYWHERE can participate and the best part - NO COST TO YOU AT ALL!
Personal thanks to our wonderful WEBMASTER and friend, Steve. He has always been a dear friend to Paws For Friendship Incorporated and we sincerely thank him for making our website so easy to navigate and current! Steve is retired and lives in Tennessee!
Paws For Friendship Incorporated
IF you are a Potential Member OR existing Member PLEASE use only the GOLD donate button below thank you!
We value our members and those we visit. Below is some information that we have found concerning the Coronavirus. Please remember this information is just that, and as everyone's body is different, the final call is up to YOU!
The new Coronavirus may not show signs of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late. Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning:
Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical time, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days.
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's
imperative you then seek immediate attention.
1) Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous.
2) If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
3) Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
4) This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees.
It hates the Sun.
5) If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no
6) If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with
any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric, it can survive for 6-12 hours - normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can't emphasize enough - drink plenty of water!
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION
We are watching the development of the Coronavirus very closely. As many of you may be aware, it has caused the cancellation of many visits to care centers, assisted living, VA facilities, etc. throughout our Nation. Unfortunately, as of this time it is showing no signs of stopping. Rest assured, when any of the bans or restrictions that have been put in place are lifted, we will once again begin visiting you all. Until that time, PLEASE take care and know we are always here for you!
Help make 2020 a banner year by taking the first step and pushing the AmazonSmile button below. It doesn't get any easier than this!
PAWS is a Therapy Pet Organization proudly celebrating 27 years of volunteer service in 2020. Our certified and registered pets and owners focus their visits to nursing homes, hospitals, schools, etc. located across the Nation. PAWS is comprised entirely of volunteers and there is no paid staff. Tax deductible donations, are sincerely appreciated as they help us grow and reach those in need of a wagging tail that offers unconditional love to everyone regardless of age or disability.
Thank you for visiting our website and should you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact us.
Paws For Friendship Incorporated is a Non-Profit 501 (c) (3) Corp. IRS # 47-0771353
CELEBRATING 27 YEARS OF VOLUNTEER SERVICE in 2020
Our Mission Statement:
Paws For Friendship Incorporated is a non-profit Organization of Volunteers sharing the unconditional love of their personal pets with people in need throughout the world.
TTY coming soon
It's said the souls of those we love become part of our souls forever
Contact us: 866-925-PAWS (7297)
P O Box 341378 Tampa, FL 33694
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support PAWS every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the PAWS organization.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile - smile.amazon.com, you need to select PAWS for FRIENDSHIP to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.