One of our Members will be happy to contact you within 24 hours. For urgent needs call us at: (866) 925-7297
Welcome to the Official - Paws For Friendship Inc. - Website
Common Sense ways to Fight Cancer
• Good nutrition and regular exercise are key to a healthy immune system. Feed your dog a high-quality diet that uses human-grade ingredients and little to no preservatives or additives.
• Keep your dog at a healthy weight. As with humans, pets who are overweight or obese have a higher risk of developing many diseases, including cancer.
• Reduce your dog’s exposure to lawn chemicals and fertilizers, which have been linked to certain types of cancer. Use natural alternatives whenever possible. Learn more about lawn chemicals and your dog's health.
• Limit the use of chemical-based flea and tick products, which are often just pesticides that you apply directly to your dog’s skin and which can rub off on you and your family as well. Select natural alternatives as often as possible.
• Spay and neuter early.* Some types of cancer, including mammary cancer, are almost 100% preventable when your dog is spayed or neutered when they are young.
• Talk with your vet about your dog’s vaccination schedule and eliminate those that aren’t absolutely necessary. Recent studies show that over-vaccinating can actually damage your dog’s immune system and is thought to be a major factor in the development of many chronic diseases, including cancer.
• ALWAYS wipe your dog’s paws off after being outside to prevent them from spreading or licking off any chemical residue from sidewalks, streets and grassy areas.
• Check your dog regularly for any lumps, bumps, or other abnormalities. You know your dog best, and you are the first line of defense in catching cancer early. Doing a full body check-up every month is important -- weekly checks are even better. Don't forget to look inside the mouth too! Monitor anything that seems suspicious and have it checked out by your vet if you have concerns. Don't be afraid to insist on a fine needle aspirate of a lump, or other test to rule out cancer. Early detection is critical, so trust your instincts if you think something is abnormal
for celebrating 26 years of community service - One Paw at a Time!
In the News!
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others
We were humbled to learn that Paws For Friendship Inc has been awarded the 2016 Great Nonprofits Top Rated Award. Thank you to all who support us. It takes a village, and we could do nothing without all of you!
DAISY MAE in an Edwards Subaru commercial
Let me tell you a little about PAWS.....
FLORIDA has now passed a law:
USING FAKE SERVICE DOGS NOW ILLEGAL!
Brian Shannon and his 'baby' Khaleesi speaking at a woman's club in front of forty women. Great questions and a wonderful time enjoyed by all!
KONA's mom on local television show talking about PAWS.
The Life and Times of Miss Tilley the Bulldog of Cache County